Lochsa is the Structural Engineer of Record for this new student housing development at the University of Virginia which boasts a variety of amenities such as a roof-top pool and an adjoined 5-story parking garage. Lochsa’s work on the project involved the following:
- Foundation Design for the entire structure including that of a 5-story precast concrete parking structure.
- Structural Design for the superstructure which includes areas for retail, residential, amenities, and common spaces.
- Prepare full set of Structural Construction Drawings for the entire structure – except the precast concrete parking structure.
- Provide Administration Services during construction. This includes:
- Attend weekly phone conferences with owner/contractor and design team.
- Review of specified material submittals.
- Review of independent inspection reports.
- Review of deferred design submittals.
- Respond to contractor’s requests for information.
- Respond to field modifications as requested by the owner or architect.
- Respond to field repairs and prepare remedies as required.
The project budget was approximately $50 million with an 18-month construction time frame.